Skip to main content

Happy New Year!



2023 ! Where did 2022 go? 

It just felt like just recently we wished each other a big Happy New Year and 'woosh'  here's again another countdown; another first day of a new year.

Fast or slow the days passed, I am certainly grateful for every amazing adventure, magical moments and every littlest thing in my life; the ups and downs-the appeases or bumps. Whatever it was, that was before, today it's the new year and it's the same me. I certainly don't fancy finding a new me, I'm happy as I am.

WORK//

I presume our work attitude changes as we grow older or on the spur of the moment facing a life-changing episode. Between 2000-2007, I was all about going all out and doing more- giving my best,working long hours, catching the datelines, making the headlines and breaking news. Life was always fast-paced: researches, networks, and interviews (cameras, mic, notepads, sound-bytes, and visuals).  As though, I was always on a roller coaster -it was exciting and I was thriving, full of motivation. Never will I deny that it was my golden era, but that was then and it was 'OK' to thrive and dedicate my whole self to my career until I decided to take a step back.

I have always prioritised what really matters in life. I am so lucky to have done a job that I'm so passionate about, however, life is not about just work and that my priority over anything else changed when I decided to get married and start my own little family. I knew I had to choose, pause my career and dedicate my life to the dearest 'new' people in my life. In that transition, I can never deny I missed my family back at 'home' and I still do but I also knew I needed to accept the consequences of a choice that I made. Being a mum myself changed everything. I enjoyed every bit of motherhood and still enjoying and cherishing every growth and change in my young sons, who are 'soon' to be 12 and 'just turned' 10. 

2016- I started to work again-but corporate's jingle and jangle is never my cup of tea. I can never relate to wanting more because my  ideal perception of life is  'Life isn't just about Work'. It has to serve my inner purpose  and that my priority over anything else is happiness and satisfaction that I found in helping and nurturing the people around me. My existence  should benefit mankind even in a smallest way. After all, after all these years, it's still the same myself and there's always room for a little self-improvement. 

It was always good to have a bit of a reality check and find a way to be happy in life that is always full of surprises. Finding a career that is rewarding, enriching, making me smile, looking forward to every day and reminding myself that this is where I want to be is important for me. I am glad I found my passion again. I am glad it takes me away again. I am glad it makes me forget everything else that can flinch my thoughts. I am glad it reminds me of who I am always. The only difference is this time not as a broadcast journalist. 

Here's to another year of just being me and setting my own rules -cherishing every smile behind every little people around me!


LIFE//

It's always there, we just need to see it, feel it, and  listen to it. 

Cheers to a new year but the same me. 


P/S: Let's live in the moment, cherish and be content because every day can be different but how we perceive it is what matters.  I always believe that it is 'ok' to be 'not' ok but we can also choose to walk undisturbed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Sons Play Golf: A Mum’s Walk Through Fairways, Thoughts, and Quiet Joy

  The duck was there first. Standing at the edge of the pond, calm and completely unbothered, it faced the water as if nothing else in the world existed. The surface reflected the sky so clearly it blurred the boundary between above and below. It was quiet—one of those still moments that feels almost sacred. Yesterday, during my sons’ practice round at Belton Woods, I found myself pausing there longer than I expected. Not because of the game, but because of everything around it. A little further along, I noticed a tiny beetle resting on a blooming leaf. So small, so still, and yet perfectly placed within the vastness of the course. I took a photo, quietly, while the rhythm of golf carried on in the background—the soft strike of a ball, the murmur of voices, footsteps on grass. I’m not a golfer. Not really. I don’t carry a handicap. I don’t own a polished set of clubs, and I still hesitate when someone asks me the difference between a draw and a fade. And yet, over the years, standi...

A poem for my Malaysia

This poem is written in Malay Language, my homeland's national language. It is written in the spirit of the celebration of Malaysia's 62nd Independence Day. It is not meant to condemn or based on any specific ethnicity, or person. It is purely from the heart and mind of mine for the love of my birth country, a moment simply for my homeland. Sejenak untukmu Aku bukan bukan Melayu kerana aku cukup Melayu, cukup Cina, cukup India, dan cukup lain-lain kaum. Aku anak Malaysia. Aku bukan bukan Melayu kerana aku atuh pada rukun. Rukun aku rukun negara. Usah disindir kepercayaanku kerana aku bukan calang-calang orang. Aku anak Malaysia. Aku bukan bukan Melayu. Aku tahu Melayu, aku hormati Melayu, dan aku cintai Melayu kerana aku anak Malaysia. Aku bukan anak India. Bahasa ibuku Tamil,  kampungku pekan Melayu, sekolah rendahku sekolah Cina. Kerjaku merantau dunia. Kini sudah dekad lamanya aku dikota Lon...

A Day Through My Eyes

Through the eyes of my little T , he brings me both joy and peace. His cheeky smile can soothe the storms of the classroom, and on some days, he stirs a small hurricane of his own. With him, no day is ever the same. Teaching T has taught me as much as I teach him. I am still learning—learning how he sees the world, how he communicates, and how he finds his way through sound, movement, and connection . If T were to tell you his story in my classroom, if he could put his experiences into words the way he feels them, perhaps this is what he would say. This is How I Learn When I enter my classroom, everything feels big. Lights shine, chairs move, voices blend together. My eyes try hard to see, but they get tired sometimes. I look anyway. I want to know what is happening around me. I know each and every child in my class. I know their smiles, their favorite seats, even the way they hold their pencils. I love helping my teacher—giving out workbooks, arranging them neatly on the tables so ev...