Skip to main content

A Dream Journal



It was a normal end of school day, I was ready to pick my boys from the Shine Club- the after school club, right after concluding my very own fabulous chores  in the classroom that I work. Everything and everyone seems so busy, I picked my boys and just then I remembered, I left my bag in the classroom that I was covering previously. So, I went to the other class, got my bag and exited through the main office when I saw, the familiar face, the most respected figure in my life, my idol and my world, my everything waiting there for me and my boys with her kind smile, she held my little-one's hand and the four of us started walking home...and this is in real-time until I was wide awake when my nightly brain saw the fair flash of the wintry sunshine through the little opening of my blue velvety curtain. Time was 9 am and never in my life since I became a mother myself, I slept till this late morning. I woke up with a smile, feeling loved once again by the most important person in my life, care free and confident; once again, I am 'me'...

Don't go into the details.  A dream is just a dream. This journal is not an interpretation nor am I musing myself because I am a poetic philosopher; but on a simple fact- I am just a 'just' human being in this vast wide mysterious planet  that we call Earth- a mum, a daughter, a wife, a friend, a teacher, a writer, a student, a former broadcast journalist or a  TV personality, a colleague, a stranger... I fit into many shoes as you call me...

However, the motherly bond from a 'maami' who was not my mother by blood is definitely precious and many who did not experience this strange mother and daughter love will never understand it, even if they do- there will still be something unknown to them. She did not rob away my love for my own mother nor did she be envious about my mother's love to me, but she nurtured it even deeper; creating ever-so strong bond between both of us. She taught me the righteous. She was my everything and made me who I became now. Dreaming her certainly made my day this morning.

Whenever I dreamt about her,  my precious loved one -who left me too soon, I held on to the feelings  that I experience in that dream for a little longer. I will always be delighted because once again I get a chance to feel her love.  The dream reminds me to be myself and take on pieces of her characteristic that I admired the most in her- the wisdom, her kindness and patience. 

After a very long gap, (I hardly have  dream these days),  today's dream is certainly a comfort. It seems like a gateway for me to live out my destiny. It didn't fade away in my awakening but stayed close to my heart and awareness-remembering it by putting me in that comforting moment of being with her, celebrating her life, and healing her absence in my missing heart. The happy thought is she was with me, in real-time today. She is with me- in me. 

So, like me, if you had a dream of a deceased loved ones, don't go about analysing it but merely hold on; cherish the moment that once again you are given a chance to be with them and being loved just as how they always did and will do if they were to be around. Think back how you'd feel in the waking life when you dreamt of them. Treasure it and heal in it's purity and warmth. Smile and savour the experience. Trust they are at home and at peace.

Thank you to a dream.

Till we meet again...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A poem for my Malaysia

This poem is written in Malay Language, my homeland's national language. It is written in the spirit of the celebration of Malaysia's 62nd Independence Day. It is not meant to condemn or based on any specific ethnicity, or person. It is purely from the heart and mind of mine for the love of my birth country, a moment simply for my homeland. Sejenak untukmu Aku bukan bukan Melayu kerana aku cukup Melayu, cukup Cina, cukup India, dan cukup lain-lain kaum. Aku anak Malaysia. Aku bukan bukan Melayu kerana aku atuh pada rukun. Rukun aku rukun negara. Usah disindir kepercayaanku kerana aku bukan calang-calang orang. Aku anak Malaysia. Aku bukan bukan Melayu. Aku tahu Melayu, aku hormati Melayu, dan aku cintai Melayu kerana aku anak Malaysia. Aku bukan anak India. Bahasa ibuku Tamil,  kampungku pekan Melayu, sekolah rendahku sekolah Cina. Kerjaku merantau dunia. Kini sudah dekad lamanya aku dikota London, tetapi ba

Harley Street Estates' Flagship Project: £10 million worth Portfolio of Properties Purely on New-Build Housing Projects

Harley Street Estates UK Ltd, a subsidiary of Harley Street Group Plc launched its pioneer housing project together with its partner company, ST Developments Ltd on Saturday, 13 August, 2022. With a sustainable Gross Development Value, GDV, the 4 semi-detached  residential properties, comprises, 2 units of 4 bedrooms and 2 units of 3 bedrooms houses. The aim is to fulfil the rising demand of housing in the large town area of Romford, the administrative centre of the London Borough of Havering. Rupert Jones, Malaysian born  Entrepreneur and Group Chief Finance Officer of Harley Street Group Plc, explained that the development which commenced before the Covid-19 pandemic  in 2020, was partially to cater for the demand of the Medical Team and Staffs of Queens Hospital which is located within a mile radius from Mowbrays Road.  ‘’ Covid has kept us behind by a year but we have managed to complete this project despite many challenges including shortages of materials, rising cost and conditio

The smile that inspired a new hope.

Artwork by Rio Rio and Ashlea Griffith.  He is Rio. He is 21. She is Ashlea Griffith,27, a SEN teacher used to teach him music at St Johns RC,  a non-maintained special school offering day provision for pupils aged 5 to 19 with a wide range of needs including moderate to severe learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and those with associated speech, language and communication difficulties   in the borough of Redbridge. After Ashlea left the school 2 years ago, Rio was very upset and could not settle down until Ashlea was invited by his parents to meet him. Now, Rio and Ashley meets every Saturday and have their quality time together doing various outdoor activity." He is hilarious," said Ashlea, "He reminds me to be in the moment." I first met Ashlea and Rio at Barkingside Arts Clubs' art stall during Summer Outdoor Arts at Ken Aston Square, Barkingside in July this year. Since then, I knew there is a special story bound b